- JHS vocal music students are expected to sing alone, and with others, a varied repetoire of music with a level of difficulty of a 5, on a scale of 1 to 6, including some songs performed from memory.
- Students are to sing music written in three and four parts, with or without accompaniment.
- Students are to demonstrate well-developed ensemble skills.
- JHS vocal music students will demonstrate the ability to read a vocal score.
- Students will sight-read, accurately and expressively, music with a level of difficulty of a 5 (O.S.S.A.A. requirements for Jenks High School.)